Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hold On, Icarus


After finishing the Everything I Own re-mix for Jason Gray (soon to be played at a radio station near you) I began working with my friend Brian Gnecco (silent G) on his solo project called Tiny Tree Triumph. The first song is called “Hold on, Icarus” and is available for download on his myspace page (www.myspace.com/tinytreetriumph). With a limited budget we are trying to get his songs recorded as speedily as possible. Therefore he and I shared the musician duties. Brian played the acoustic and bass guitars, mandolin and sang. I played electric guitars, bell set, jingle bells and drums. One night Zach Miller was in recording for the new Put Down the Muffin record and I asked him to jump in on a snare drum part. His playing really helped the tune a lot. Zach came back in and recorded a full drum kit on our second song (Flashlight), which we are currently working on. He is a far better drummer than I could ever be and glad I didn’t have to tackle this one.

No comments: