Friday, February 6, 2009

The Final Additions to the Hunnicutt album


The Elizabeth Hunnicutt album is finished! It was mastered yesterday and it turned out great. One of my personal favorite moments while tracking was adding vibraphone to a few of the tunes. I have gotten to know John, Steve and Chan of the New Standards, who rehearse across the hall. Steve let me borrow his beautiful vibraphone one evening and I spent a couple hours coming up with parts. I had hoped to be able to add vibes to the album but wasn't holding my breath. It suddenly worked out and I am so glad. It added a really nice element to this already beautiful batch of songs. I will now be moving onto some mixes for a couple other projects and hitting the long awaited Brett Tyler album.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

does this picture look like you maybe peed your pants? like, just a little bit there...

Anonymous said...

yea, I noticed the same thing. Just to your left (my right) of the zipper.

mattpatrick said...

That part was SO good, I peed myself. (but just a little bit there!)