Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tim Lemmens

I am in the process of producing two full records by two local artists. The first is a veteran of the Twin Cities music scene. His name is Tim Lemmens and his sound is inspired by the likes of Dave Matthews, John Mayer and Maroon5. We have been feverishly tracking everything part by part, which has allowed us to be quite picky about each musical moment that passes. His drummer Aaron and guitarist Mike both did a fantastic job. I laid down all the bass tracks and between Tim and myself we are adding various keyboard parts. I have these new API pre's that sound amazing especially combined with my two Distressors. I am finding it difficult to go to my other top notch pre's because the API's sound so pristine. The newness will undoubtedly wear off and I will give some time back to the other slightly jealous preamps. We have all the bed tracks laid and are currently and simultaneously doing Tim's vocals and adding other ear candy moments like synth, Wurlitzer electric piano, rhythmic loops, Rhodes, Hammond organ, pump organ, Casio keyboard drum beats, thumb piano, etc. Once these things are done we will focus on background vocals and the album will be ready to mix. The key ingredient to the recording success of this project is the monstrous upgrade to HD3. Good bye LE. You have run a good race but the inevitable has finally come to fruition.

No comments: